I was recently nominated by Jasmine Grace for The Liebster Award! (EDIT: I was also nominated by Caitlin @ Lemonade Press at the same time I posted this, and by Leah Grace @ xoleahgrace!) This award is given to bloggers from bloggers as a way to bring members of the blogging community together. Liebster is a German word meaning “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” As part of being nominated, I am answering 10 questions and nominating several other bloggers to do the same!
Questions from Jasmine Grace:
- What made you want to start blogging?
- I’d been considering starting a blog ever since high school. I was really into DIY projects and thought it would be cool to share some tutorials with others, but never jumped on that idea. Then I thought about starting a college blog in my first year of school. That didn’t happen either. Last year, one of the bulletin boards the RA on my floor made asked “What would you attempt do if you knew you couldn’t fail?” There was lots of room for all of the girls on my floor to write things, and then a small note at the bottom that said, “Now, go DO IT!” So I started this blog! That was six months ago, and while I haven’t been as consistent with it as I would like, it’s been a fun new adventure.
- What was your first ever blog post?
- My first blog post was about why I started blogging, which I sort of already explained. If you want the details, check out my first ever blog post.
- What has kept you inspired to continue blogging?
- When I started my blog, I also created an Instagram account (@live.life.inspired) to go along with it. I found a really cool community there, and that has motivated me to keep going. Yes, there have been times where I’ve almost forgotten I have a blog or don’t post for an entire month, but I’m mostly in it to have a creative outlet for myself!
- What is one thing you would like to tell your 15 year old self?
- I would tell my 15 year old self to not get all wrapped up in the drama of high school. I struggled with being on the cusp of two different “friend groups” throughout middle school, and hoped that would change in high school. I found myself in the same position once again, with one group that I was friends with from middle school (and some even from elementary school) and another group of new friends that I hadn’t known prior to high school. They weren’t really “cliques,” in the sense that they would exclude others from our activities, but I also felt like I was never totally “in” either group. When I was spending time with one group, I wanted to be with the other group. I never felt really satisfied. I also felt like I wasn’t always invited to do things with each group, probably because each one figured I’d be with the other. Now in college, I feel like I’m definitely friends with a wider variety of people, and none of them are really clique-y. Yay!
- Current favorite Netflix/T.V. show?
- Well, in August I finished The Office in it’s entirety (started it in March), so aside from recovering from that, I’m watching Parks & Rec now. I’m also a sucker for almost all HGTV shows, but especially Fixer Upper–Chip + Jo are so great!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- In 5 years, I see myself working as a Project Manager in the Twin Cities area. I’m not 100% sure what industry I want to be in or what company I want to work for, but I’m keeping my options open at this point. P.S. – Just starting my job search for a post-graduation career, and it is a LOT of work!
- Where/what is your dream vacation?
- There are so many places I would love to travel to, but if I have to pick one, I would do a Scandinavian trip. I have heard wonderful things about these places, and they seem to have a great mix of history and fun attractions. I know several people studying abroad in Norway right now, and the pictures they’ve been posting look amazing. Part of my heritage is Finnish and part is Swedish, so it would be cool to visit the places where my ancestors are from.
- I’m also a beach lover, so I wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to go somewhere tropical… 🙂
- Do you have any future children names picked out yet? If so, what are they?
- Nope! Let me get through college and into a relationship first.
- All-time favorite style icon?
- I don’t have one. I’m not big into following fashion and I wouldn’t say that I make a conscious effort to stay on top of the latest style trends & fads-I wear things I’m comfortable in! Although whenever I’m watching Fixer Upper, I always find myself ooh-ing and ahh-ing over Joanna’s outfits…
- What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written?
- I don’t have a lot to choose from, but I would say 5 Things To Do When Feeling Overwhelmed! I try to remind myself to take breaks and practice self-care frequently, so this post is one I look back at often.
EDIT (more Q&A for you to enjoy!) Questions from Lemonade Press:
- If you had one day without any obligations, what would you spend your time doing?
- I would spend most of the day trout fishing! Then, I would relax in my hammock for a bit, eat a nice camp dinner, and enjoy a bonfire! I’d keep it really simple and low-key.
- What is your biggest dream?
- My biggest dream right now is to be able to travel the world whenever I want to. While I want to experience the corporate world for awhile, I don’t see myself staying there for my entire career. I don’t want to be tied down by a job forever. I don’t want to fall into the 40-40-40 trap (working 40 hours a week for 40 years of my life and only having 40% of the income I made in retirement).
- Who is someone who has inspired you most along your journey so far?
- On my blogging journey, I would say As Life Grows has been a blog I look to. It was one of the first blogs I started paying attention to.
- On my journey of life in general, I’d say my parents. They both inspire me to be a better person today than I was yesterday. They have also been great role models in showing me that you can never be too busy for the things that are most important to you.
- Go to snack?
- A spoonful (or multiple…) of peanut butter. It’s the perfect combo of sweet and salty, and it’s a great source of protein!
- Favorite book?
- The Slight Edge is a book I’ve read several times now and learn something new every time I pick it up. It’s a personal development book, not a novel, but it’s a great book that I highly recommend!
- An Inspirational Quote to describe your life right now?
- “Take time to do what makes your soul happy” ~ Unknown
- This quote is a great reminder for me to not get too wrapped up in my schoolwork. My roommate and I were doing the math a few days ago to figure out how many hours a week we’re “working,” whether it’s in class, on homework, or work study jobs. The total came to more than 60 hours/week. And then we’re supposed to have social lives and get enough sleep too. Crazy talk. While I like the classes I’m taking, the amount of homework I have is taxing. I like taking breaks to color, get ice cream, go for a walk, or lay in my hammock!
- One event you are most looking forward to in the coming year.
- Hmm… This is a tough one. This year will be a year full of transitions. I think I’m most looking forward to finding a job and settling into my “new normal” after college!
- A goal you are currently working on.
- Eating healthier! I’m not following a particular plan/diet, but just getting myself used to making healthier choices is something I’m working on. I’m somewhat of a picky eater, to which people always say “you’ll grow out of it.” I’m 20 and still picky, so we’ll see… Is there still hope?!
- Your go-to store to shop in?
- At this point in my life, Target. I can almost always find what I’m looking for. If money wasn’t an issue, that would be a different story. There are some stores I’ve learned not to set foot in because I know I’ll be disappointed by the price tags on everything.
- Favorite part in your blogging journey so far?
- Getting to know other bloggers and making connections with them. I’ve come across other bloggers from MN, one who graduated from Luther, and people who share similar interests!
Bloggers I Nominate:
And Coffee Blog (Blog coming soon–visit her on Instagram for the time being @andcoffeeblog)
Instructions for Nominees
- Thank and mention the blogger that has nominated you in your blog post.
- Answer the questions the blogger tagged you to answer.
- Nominate at least 5 other bloggers, but do not exceed 11.
- List your questions and be sure to tell your nominated bloggers that you have nominated them.
Bloggers: Answer these questions as part of your post!
- What made you want to start blogging?
- What is the best book you’ve read this year?
- Describe the best vacation you’ve taken.
- What is your favorite type of music?
- What is the best concert you’ve ever been to?
- What did/do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is one habit you would like to pick up or one habit you’d like to break before this year is over?
- Which grade/year of school was your favorite?
- What do you like to do on a typical weekend?
- What can you count on to make you happy when you are feeling out of it?
I can’t wait to see your answers!
Thanks again to Jasmine Grace for nominating me and giving me these questions to answer! I’d love to hear your answers to the questions-feel free to share a few in the comments below.