I turned 21 two weeks ago! Many people are excited for that milestone for the obvious reason. However, I’m more excited that I can finally get into concerts the Turf Club in St. Paul (and into other places without getting big black Xs across my hands).
I’ve been thinking of some things that I would like to do/should do during this year. Some things fall into the “fun” category, while others are more of a “well, I’m an adult now so I should probably do ______.”
- Go to my first show at the Turf Club – happening on June 17th (at the latest – I have tickets to Charlie Worsham & Brandi Clark, but might make a last minute decision to go to one sooner)!
- Read (at least) one book a month
- Get a check book
- Determine my drink of choice
- Visit a National Park
- Try a new recipe at least once a week
- Downsize my wardrobe – or at least get rid of some high school t-shirts
- See the sunrise more often
- Go for more walks
- Make a few new friends
- Host a dinner party
- Have a consistent bedtime and wake up earlier
- Watch Friends
- Eat breakfast every day
- Find ten bands I’ve never heard of to enjoy regularly
- Unsubscribe from all the emails I never open – a different way of decluttering
- Blog more frequently
- Invest money regularly – while I’ve already started, it will be nice to have a steady income I can use to better my financial future
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Listen to podcasts regularly
- Go to Nashville – this has been on my bucket list for a long time, but it didn’t make much sense to go if I couldn’t get in to the little bars where artists play!
It’s a big year for me (more like a big month and a half), as I’ll be graduating with my Bachelor’s degree in less than three weeks, moving into my first apartment at the beginning of June, and starting my “real” job on June 12th. I have a lot of transitions to make in the next month, so if I’m more quiet than usual on the blog, that’s why! Hopefully these life events will lead to more blog post inspiration.
Do you have any tips/things you wish you would’ve known/done when you were 21?